1. Who We Are and What We Do
This Policy applies to all of Open Technologies’ operating divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, and branches, and any additional subsidiary, affiliate, or branch of Open Technologies that we may subsequently form.
3.1. Personal Information We Collect
The types of Personal Information we collect and our privacy practices depend on whether you are a user or visitor of the Services (together, “Individuals”) and the requirements of applicable law.
- Account Creation. We may collect Personal Information from you such as your phone number when you create an Account with us. However, other than the username you select when you post, comment, or message via the Services, we will not display any Personal Information you provide to create your Account to other users, including the users you message, on the Services.
- Contact Information. As part of the Account creation process, we will request permission from you to access and store the contact information of your contacts saved to your mobile device. Contacts who have also saved you as a contact on their mobile devices and who have also created an Account to use our Services will be added as anonymous connections to your Account. From time to time, we will update your list of anonymous connections on the Services based on your current contacts list.
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as email address or phone number when you request information about our Services, request user or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Communications with Other Users. We may collect and store Personal Information you choose to disclose about yourself through your communications with other users. We do this to ensure that communications between users on the Services comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information.
- Posting. We may offer forums or blogs in which you can contribute posts or comments to. Any content you provide on these channels will be considered “public” to other users of the Services and is not subject to privacy protections.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Services. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, IMEI, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, details about your browser, operating system or device, location information, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services, information about the links you click, and other information about how you use the Services. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices.
3.2. How We Use Your Information
We Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Products, Services, or Information Requested including to:
- Manage Individual information and Accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
- Answer requests for user or technical support; and
- Allow you to register for events.
- For Administrative Purposes including to:
- Measure interest and engagement in our Site and Services;
- Conduct research and development;
- Improve our products and Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate with you about your Account, activities on our Site and Services and policy changes;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
- Enforce our Terms and Acceptable Use Policy.
- To Market Our Products and Services. We may use
Personal Information to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be
of interest, including new content or Services. We may provide you with these materials as permitted
by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content and offers;
- To notify you about our offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you and our sponsors; and
- Other purposes you consent to or are disclosed when you provide Personal Information.
- De-identified and Aggregated Information Use. We may use Personal Information and other information about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Site and Services, or other analyses we create. De-identified or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes.
- Other Uses. Open Technologies may use Personal Information to pursue legitimate interests, such as direct marketing, research (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes as described below.
3.3. Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, and Analytics Information
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ device browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page.
- Analytics. We may also use the following analytics services to collect information regarding visitor
behavior and visitor demographics on our Site and Services.
- Google Analytics for Firebase: For more information about Google Analytics for Firebase, please visit https://firebase.google.com/terms/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Amplitude: For more information about Amplitude, including how to opt out, please visit https://amplitude.com/privacy.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Site, Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functions such as shopping-carts, saved search, or similar functions;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Services;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Site and Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Site or Services or keeping track of your preferences and interests;
3.4. Third Party Websites/Applications, Social Media Platforms and Software Development Kits
The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other websites and applications are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
We may use third party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Services. APIs and SDKs may allow third parties to collect your Personal Information to provide content that is more relevant to you. We use the following SDKs: Firebase, Crashylitics, Amplitude, and Facebook. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, please contact us as set forth below.
4. Onward Transfer — How We May Disclose Your Information
4.1. Information We Share
- We Use Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) user service activities, including the monitoring of user communications on the Services to ensure compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy; and (iv) the provision of the Site and Services.
- Business Partners. We may provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce our policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to us; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
4.2 International Data Transfers
You agree that all information Processed by us may be transferred, Processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the European Union, the United States or other countries. Personal Information may be stored in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request.
5. Your Choices: Right to Object to Processing
You have the right to object to or opt out of certain uses of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to the Processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further Processing by contacting us as described below. Even if you opt out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Site and Services.
5.2. Email and Telephone Communications
We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists as may be required by law.
5.3. Mobile Devices
We may send you push notifications through our mobile application. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. Open Technologies may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
5.4. “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
6. Data Retention
7. Security of Your Information
By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
8. Children’s Information
The Site and Services are not directed to people under age 18 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
10. Terms of Service
11. Contact Us
Open Technologies Inc. 3495 Lakeside Drive #1175 Reno, NV 89509 email@example.com
- “Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- “Process” or “Processing” means any operation which is performed upon Personal Information, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.